Caramel Glazed Pumpkin Pie Sheetcake
Credit: Kp Clark
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin
- 1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Half and Half (or milk)
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Pecans(optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Grease and Flour a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Prepare Caramel Glaze in a Saucepan. Melt butter and add rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Let the Caramel boil for 3 minutes and then remove from heat. If adding pecans do so now.
- In a large bowl or mixer prepare cake mix according to box instructions using milk instead of water.
- Add the can of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice(may substitute 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg); mix until combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cake rises and feels firm. (Do not over cook!)
- Pour the Caramel glaze over the warm sheet cake, spread and let cool.
- Serve warm or cold topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
This is a very moist cake and I usually keep it in the refrigerator. My kids love this topped with whipped cream.